Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Tractor Cake


Got an order for a Tractor Cake and I was a little perplexed about how I was going to pull off the tractor part.  This was for a baby shower and the invites featured a silouhette of a tractor.  How hard can this be I thought ~ well, to my frustration, it was pretty stinkin' hard!  My first attempt resembled something my 15 month old granddaughter might do. I was not impressed and I knew my customer wouldn't be either.  I dashed off to Wally World to find a toy tractor to put on the cake.  I knew in shopping for my grandson a few months ago there had been LOTS of John Deere Tractors available in all sorts of sizes in the toy department.  Evidently, that was then, and this was now, because there was not one toy tractor of any kind on the shelves!!!   Later that night, I visited Tarjay and found a CAT.  It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it would have to do because I was so outta time! I think the results were pretty good and my customer seemed pleased.  Besides as this little boy gets a little older he will have a fun toy that makes really cool sounds.  This was a vanilla cake with raspberry filling, buttercream and chocolate icing.  YUM, YUM!

2 comments:

  1. The shower was for my baby :) The cake looked fabulous and tasted delicious! And by the way..my 2 year old son loves that little toy!! He insists on napping and taking it to bed with him at night!! Thanks for making our day special!

    ReplyDelete